Wednesday, June 16, 2010

lady sings the blues

Bonjour, mes chéries! Happy Hump Day!

I would never condone wife-beating, but I would like to officially announce my advocacy for the wearing of wifebeaters. Who says a child's undershirt (I bought a bunch of boys XL) can't play for the classic white tank top team once in a while?

I bought this chambray skirt at H&M in Montreal this weekend and I'm already quite attached. It's light, it's flouncy, it's versatile, it's chambray! (I may be a bit too invested in this chambray trend, but I can't help it! It's so spectaculary summery and my grabby hands get away from me...)

Because I do have enough sense to realize that it's pretty inappropriate to wear a semi-transparent little boy's undershirt as an only-shirt at the office, I threw my new five-dollar denim jacket over it as a revamp of the canadian tuxedo (and because I had to try out the denim-on-denim trend at some point, considering how overloaded I am with chambray).

(skirt/ring: H&M; scarf: Bargain Boutique; tanktop: Walmart; glasses: F21; shoes: can't recall)

Since the très glamorous Kelly posted about the reemergence of kitten heels on the scene of scenes, I thought it would be timely to take my [only] pair out for a spin [strut?]. I generally prefer a sky-high heel to rocket my height up around average (I'm a mere 5'2" when my feet fall flat), but there is something charming and classic about a kitten heel.

PS: Did you notice that I tied my bun with twine?? Haha! It wasn't nearly bulbous enough when I wrapped a hair elastic around it (and somehow my supply of hair-ties has dwindled down to the loneliest number), so I just trimmed a length of twine and tied it up in a pretty little DIY bow! You've got to work with what you've got!

3 comments:

  1. amazing scarf! And I love the way you tied it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is so cute! I love that chambray skirt as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses.....All I see is Margot Kidder as Lois Lane! I love them!!!! CUTENESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete