Tuesday, July 6, 2010

a wild romp

Hi all! I hope you're all enjoying your independence this post-fourth weekend :) I am not, because I am trapped at work. However, I am enjoying the air conditioning, which was seriously lacking everywhere that I went for the past three days (especially outside).

This is what I wore on Friday night, which was only the beginning of a rather crazy long weekend.

K and I went to the 1/2 Lounge in Burlington to see his new friend and co-worker, Justin Levinson, play with his fiancee, Myra Flynn. They are both pretty "famous" local musicians, and I was really impressed! If you ever get a chance to see them play, you should go for it. The 1/2 Lounge itself is a really cool venue--it's incredibly small (like, well, half of a lounge), but the vibe is very intimate and remniscent of a 'twenties speakeasy.

After the show we all went out for a drink at the Farmhouse Tap and Grill, a new restaurant in an almost unrecognizably renovated McDonald's, where we ran into their local musician friend Gregory Douglass, his fiance, and a group of their pals. After a couple glasses of vin rouge that took us into the wee morning hours, K and I finally headed home. It was a really cool group of people and I look forward to hopefully getting to know them better--I miss being surrounded by such positive creative energy!

(silk romper: Zara; shoes: Kohl's; necklace: UO; bracelet: gift; belt: thrifted)

On Saturday, K and I went out to Lake Iroquois where I proceeded to bake in the sun until my skin was positively raw. I even put sunscreen on! I swear the sun is getting hotter. We went home, had a baguette with some dill havarti, and headed over to Justin & Myra's for a little BBQ. Greg was also there, and we hung out in their funky little apartment until the sun started to set and Justin's Vermonter-turned-NYC filmmaker friend showed up with his Texan-turned-NYC filmmaker girlfriend. We took a stroll downtown and watched the fireworks from the top of a parking garage, which was relatively uncrowded and delightfully mosquito-free. When the show was over we lit up the sidestreets of Burlington with sparklers on our way to Nectar's to see Heloise and the Savoir Faire.

By the time Heloise took the stage, we were pretty exhausted (my feet were screaming for relief) and we were a little bit burnt out by the opening bands (which were unimpressive, if not downright odd), but she was uniquely awesome and I definitely want to go to another show when she comes back to VT.

All-in-all, it was a really great weekend and we absolutely overdosed on great music and food and succumbed to the pleasant realization that there are some really interesting, creative people in our little lakeside city!

2 comments:

  1. you have such creative friends, sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you had a nice time. Your jumper is really. I like its color!! and it seems silky. I have been looking for a similar one for a while now so great choice!!

    http://www.iletaitunefoisundressing.com/

    ReplyDelete