Monday, November 8, 2010

that touch of geek

So the big news is that I lost something pretty major. My hair. I didn't cry or anything, but I'm almost bored to tears by the haircut. It's not long, it's not short, it's not terribly layered but it's not all one length, either. I might just have to experiment with styling it in new and different ways so that it will excite me a little more. I don't know. I'm tempted to just bleach it into a platinum bob, but I know I won't because I'm totally chicken.

K and I went to see Due Date on Friday night, and it was hilarious. I laughed out loud more than I have in a looooong time (at the theater). I think Robert Downey Jr. is my new favorite actor. He's such a jerk. And Zack Galifinakis is just hysterical. The humor is definitely tuned to our generation--the father-to-be with inexplicable Fight Club-esque anger management issues and a being-an-asshole-works-for-me mentality is paired with an effeminate, overweight pot-puffing slacker with a completely absent sense of social decorum and big dreams of Hollywood stardom for a cross-country road trip after a misunderstanding lands them both on the no-fly list. Hijinks inevitably ensue.

On Saturday, I scored an incredible buffet cabinet at Recycle North (the place to go for cheap used furniture in Burlington), and I finally feel like our apartment is starting to come together. It's so cozy!!

(faux leather jacket: ALDO; jeans: PacSun; polka dot blouse: Bargain Boutique; shoes: Payless; glasses: F21)

It was sleeting/hailing/raining when I took these photos--that's dedication! This isn't my usual sort of look but I think the polka dots and mary janes play down the tough-girl edge introduced by the leather jacket and the grey skinnies. And the glasses add just a touch of geek. So maybe that is me after all--a cornucopia of style.

Happy Monday, everyone! Here's to another week...

8 comments:

  1. The weather looks totally miserable! I think your hair is still long... mine refuses to grow to that length. Oh, and I'd love to get an interior view of this cozy apartment one fine day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great! It's always a shock after that first initial glance in the mirror but I'm sure you'll you figure out some way to make it your own.

    Due Date is on my movie to see list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your hair looks lovely shorter! And I love those glasses (nerd glasses are one of my favorite things) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you would look kickass with a blonde bob but your hiar still looks awesome!
    I'm jealous you can pull off those glasses, I have a pair but with my boyish haircut... it's a littttttttttle bit less sexy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister went to see Due Date over the weekend as well, and she only had good things to say. Now I'm highly tempted. Can't wait to see it!

    A blond bob would look fab on you methinks. No?
    You've got great hair, and could possibly pull off anything

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those glasses just add a pleasing level of geek to any outfit. And I agree I think you could totally pull of the platinum bob.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bomber on you. Very classic cool.

    Oh, I've been thinking about seeing that movie. I've been writing essays all week and need some good stress relief

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love a good hijinks movie, so I may have to check out Due Date.

    Also, I love the sort of rocker vibe of this outfit!! Rock n' roll geek. :)

    ReplyDelete