Wednesday, March 9, 2011

bohemian rhapsody

Photobucket

Okay, so first of all: I fail. At the different-shoe-every-day challenge. But, to be fair, I also made a pact with my friend Steph that we would both wear our maxi skirts today (because we are in fifth grade), and I had to honor my commitment to my friend over my commitment to myself :) There just weren't any other shoes that would do!! At least they aren't my oxfords.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(maxidress: tjmaxx; tee: old navy; scarf: bargain boutique; hat: tomorrow never knows on etsy; boots: seychelles; belt: goodwill, ralph lauren; earrings: gift)

I got this maxidress at TJMaxx (haha! A maxi from MAXX! ... I can't believe it's only Wednesday...) and it was on my body pretty much all summer. There is something so liberating about long dresses in the sweltering summer heat, not least of which is the ability to go commando (see, I really am bohemian at heart). Not so much in the wintertime, but it's still fun to float around in. Speaking of floating around, it was damn blustery today (and four degrees). This was incredibly obnoxious:

Photobucket

Apparently Mother Nature is also in fifth grade. She likes to grab my hat and throw it around like a lunchbox.

Also notable: I got this hat from the lovely Emily of Tomorrow Never Knows (hi, friend!). I'm not sure why I haven't worn it yet (since I got it months ago), but I think I had really wanted it for fall and didn't order it until almost-winter, so it never made it into my winter-outfit rotation. Anywayyyy... these earrings were a birthday present from my friend who brought them back from Americorps in Arizona. All of my accessories have a bit of a story today! Sorry I felt the need to tell them :)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the hat and your bright skirt. The shoes are perfect for the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooooooh, I love it with this outfit. I had completely forgotten about it but I'm glad it fit on your head (unless it's windy)
    I'm really in love with this outfit, you and clare of between laundry days really make me wanna go out and get a coton maxi dress. My 2 maxis I own are polyester (or something similar) and are too fancy for day to day. I really want one I can wear year round, i love it with layers. And this one is a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! That first photo belongs on a vinyl album cover! The mix is so pretty and bohemian! Brrr, though! I can't believe how crazy you are, taking these shorts sleeved photos outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful and I love these photos so much! Your skirt is amazing and such a gorgeous color, and I love that hat! Your shoe challenge is quite amazing! Those shoes were the perfect choice to go with this maxi skirt!! Hope you have a wonderful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute....Still looks very cold. Pretty soon it will be too hot over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is amazing, I love these photos too!

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, that yellow skirt is soooo pretty! It is perfection and I so need to go look for one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this look! its so inately Caitlin. I love the smooth 70s vibe with the mustard color dress. You can wear that color like no one else! :) just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure this is the best outfit that ever was. First of all, a yellow maxi skirt is the coolest thing ever, and you've styled it oh-so-perfectly for winter. Color me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your dress is awesome, the color is gorgeous, I can see why you live in it during the summer. That is one thing that I need to try and find for myself, a maxi dress, its just so difficult because I am crazy short...okay now i am on a rant..stopping now

    stop by and enter my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love how you didn't tuck your shirt in, and belted the waist. this looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the maxi dress, it's colour is really gorgeous. It looks perfect with a tshirt over top belted. I love clothing with a history!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only you could pull off a bright yellow maxi in the snow! Looking excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay so that last picture is hilarious. And that maxi dress is incredible!! Yellow, perfect. And the way you styled it makes my heart flutter.

    ReplyDelete