Wednesday, June 8, 2011

in which i blossom and bloom... and fade

Photobucket
I finally finished my scalloped shorts (and they make me think of bloomers)!!! Last time I wore them the hem was still undone, but a couple of weekends ago I snatched up some stitch witchery at Joann Fabrics, borrowed an iron from mom, and closed up the hem. Boy, does linen get wrinkly fast. I literally wore these for about 2 minutes in the car and look how mussed they got! No matter, my love for these shorts knows no wrinkle.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

(hat/shorts/belt: thrifted; shirt: h&m; socks: uo; shoes: seychelles; necklace/ring: gift)

I'm still going strong with these florals (annnnnd with straw hats... what can I say? I love them)! In exactly two weeks I will be on an airplane, headed for Albuquerque! Yay! In the mean time, I admit I'm feeling a bit bored and uninspired about life right now. Am I allowed to say that on my blog? The blogosphere so often only shows the sunny side of life (flowers! sunshine! ponies!), and in general I tend to stick to that because I think it's important to put as much positive energy out in the world as possible (if you force a smile it makes you happier, and all that jazz...), but... blah. Maybe it's just the position of the moon, who knows. I think I'm just feeling antisocial and I need to get out in the world and see some people.

Hi, people! What do you do when you're in a bit of a funk?

16 comments:

  1. I take most of my photos on sunny days, haha! Mostly because of the better lighting, but you're right, it is good to keep a positive atmosphere going online.
    Lovely outfit. Those shorts are immensely adorable.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look absolutely adorable! i stumbled upon your blog on chictopia and i'm crazy for scallop hem right now. was it hard? i don't have a sewing machine but i can sew by hand - i would love to DIY a pair.

    perfect outfit, just PERFECT

    pandaphilia fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a darling outfit! The shorts are SO cute. You look great in just about everything.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you look adorable! I need to make myself some shorts like that, thanks for the inspiration. Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a modern Anne of Green Gables! Adorbs!!!

    xoxo

    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shorts! How did you do the hem exactly? If I feel in a bit of a funk I tend to go somewhere like a museum or for a walk, a change of scene tends to re-inspire. Or else I call a friend and set the world to rights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love shorts, the hem must have been difficult! have a fun time in Albuquerque! i know what you mean, i've just finished study leave so lately i've been used to studying! a change of scenery definatly generates inspiration especially with friends, however sometimes i feel like i just want to stay in all day and read and research things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shorts are completely wonderful! It makes me want to give it a go and make some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove these shorts!! And they look so great with the blossom top. Of course the straw hat is the cherry on top.
    I definitely think everyone should express when they're feeling crappy or whatnot, real life isn't a breeze. I try to relax with a book or magazine when I feel uninspired. Or take a nice hot bath, hit the reset button with a good sleep
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shorts are so adorable! A great color too! I feel your pain about the linen shorts too. I have a black pair that wrinkle basically the second after I iron them. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your shorts are pretty much perfect, and I'm no stranger to a wrinkle.

    I'm actually pretty sick of the relentless sunniness of blog land at the moment. I feel like writing a mega post with all the things that piss me off.I do think that positive energy is good and perpetuates but you know what? I don't live in a field full of flowers and neither does anyone else. And nor do I want to, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look really good! i'm in a style funk. i feel uncomfortable in everything that i have :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shorts turned out really well and I adore the floral top. I hope you get out of your funk soon, sometimes it just takes a little time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable outfit! I actually have this H&M shirt from last year, and I would love to pair it with some adorable thrifted shorts.

    About the funk: I usually need a fun time with people who I love and love me to snap me out of. That or I just watch a bunch of 30 rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always feel better if I spend some time communing with nature, and maybe go for a swim:)
    aaand... your outfit is very cute!

    ReplyDelete