Friday, September 23, 2011

in which it is the first day of fall

Photobucket

This dress is the reason I wanted to go to H&M, and its loveliness did not disappoint. The mustard color, subtle mini-pleating, and vintage vibe are just what I need this season. And I think it looks splendid with these shoes :) Speaking of these shoes, I'm grateful that they are accented with orange, because I get anxious when my shoes don't match my belt, but I'm still on the hunt for a dark brown skinny belt. This way, the light brown kind of matches the orange part of my shoes (one of those fashion faux-pas that I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable embracing).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: h&m; shoes: poetic licence; belt: thrifted)

One of the great things about having a daily blog is documenting the changing seasons. Every day there are a few more leaves on the ground and the surrounding trees slowly change colors. I think it might be time to have some hot cider in my life.

If all goes as planned, I might have an incredibly busy weekend, full of friends, food, and festive fall events. See you on the other side!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Need to make an H&M run... ;) But is it totally sheer? I find that a lot of their dresses are completely see through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yes. This is perfection for the first day of fall. It's like 85 degrees here (in Oregon), so I don't know how I'm going to dress as appropriately for the fall as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is fantastic, love the color so much. (I still get super nervous every time I don't match my shoes & belt too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a wonderful dress! I might have to pop over to H&M soon....

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely worth going to h&m for.
    stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is perfect for an autumn day. the color looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same dress, i also fell in love with it! It's perfect for a autumn day!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost got that dress, but I think it looks much better on you than on me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    Great dress ! I will show one of your other last outfits in one of my favourite outfits selection next week on my blog !

    www.lesbellesenjupe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful dress, especially the color! I saw it in H&M but didn't like the length on me. I wish I was longer! It looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!!! your outfit is awesome and you look so pretty in this dress!!! love the color!!! and the shoes are gorgeous!!! Ĩlove your style & blog!!!
    Cheers
    Anika

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sometimes have issues when my shoes and belt don't match too. But mostly if they're two really different shades of brown. I'm trying to get over it!
    I really love that yellow dress you got! I wish I'd have seen it when I was at h&m the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect! I love it when you wear yellow, as you know! It kind of allows me to pretend I have more yellow myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this gorgeous mustard dress. Like, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete