Thursday, September 8, 2011

in which it's better late than never

Photobucket

If I had them in my possession, I probably would have worn my new loafers with this outfit, but I had to exhange them for a half-size up. I have been dying for a pair of heeled pennyloafers since last winter, when I declared loafers to be the new oxfords. TopShop had a great, overpriced pair, and Jeffrey Campbell came out with another fabulous, even more overpriced pair, but all of my waiting and bating of breath must have paid off, because when an affordable version popped up on Lulu*s this summer I couldn't wait to snatch them up. These are not them ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(shirt/scarf/belt: thrifted; skirt/purse: vintage; socks: uo; shoes: seychelles)

When I left the house this morning I thought that this outfit was going to be a example of why we should follow Chanel's advice and always remove the last accessory we put on... there is definitely a lot going on here, but I think it works. I did, however, almost put on my mink hat, which would have been too much :) I guess that's the lazy woman's Coco Chanel.

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I LOVE those shoes!! I also adore your bag!!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite things about your style is how well you mix your neutrals. This is a great example of that. Love your polka dotted socks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To say it works is an understatement!
    I love everything about this and your innate sense to combine all of these elements makes me want to stand up on the chair I sit upon and cheer, "Bravo!"
    I swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every element in this outfit is so great together, it all works so well! So many wonderful fall pieces going on and you mix brown and black like no other. Love it!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, looking forward to your new shoes... I'm sure we'll see a lot of them! ; ) I have some heeled loafers but unfortunately am unable to walk in heels, bah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy the mix of those polka dot socks with the striped top. I like everything going on in this outfit! It's really fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pattern/color/texture mixing here. You do autumnal fashion SO WELL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stlish outfits you have! Glad I came across through chictopia. I will look forward to more of your posts :)

    http://theatticpeoplevintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete