Friday, November 11, 2011

in which it is the 11th hour

Photobucket

Today is the coolest day ever, because it is 11/11/11 AND it's Friday. I always used to say that 11 was my favorite number... which really only came up on those silly surveys we used to do in middle/high school (what is your favorite color? what is your favorite number? what is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?), as if our answers to those questions somehow revealed something about our inner selves. Hey, maybe it does. What does my liking 11 say about me (I like symmetry? Repetition? I actually really like the word "eleven"--it sounds like a pretty name).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(shirt/scarf/belt: thrifted; skirt: vintage; socks: uo; shoes: lulu*s)

Anyway, I feel sort of like I need to seize this day and make something exciting happen because the date is cool. I probably will do nothing. Oh well!

I think the time may have come for me to find a new blog photo location. There is an elderly gentleman who lives on the road that runs perpendicular to the one I take photos on (above), and he did peer questioningly at me while getting his mail once last winter, but this morning he and his wife drove down the driveway and slowly inched forward and reversed to get a good look at what I was doing (through the trees). I got into my car, hoping I could wait it out and that they were actually going somewhere, but no such luck. They started driving toward me, so I turned around and drove off. They gaped as I passed them, and I saw in the rearview that they also turned around. Some pretty serious drive-by gawking. I just don't get it! The road is not your private property! Let me take my photos in peace! Whenever I see someone doing something strange I might watch creepily from afar, but I would never insert myself unnecessarily into the situation. Unless they were doing something... you know, dangerous. Or whatever. Even then...

Oy. I'm feeling snarky today. Happy Elevensies, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. People are REALLY weird about what other's are doing. Even when I get others to take my picture and there's people kind of close around they stop and just watch, sometimes even yell comments. Worst!
    This is a great look, I love the knee highs and that skirt. The striped top is pretty wonderful too. Now are you going to pull a costanza and try to name your kid after a number? Haha
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's annoying! I always try to take my pictures in secluded areas because when I try to take them in public I get the weirdest looks. Not that I really mind, but...yeah. haha.

    Love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How odd! :)

    I love your socks with that skirt, and they look fab with loafers :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staring is understandable but kind of awkward, but going out of you eay to stare? Pretty much wierd & creepy.
    Love these socks though.
    11/11/11 should at least be celebrated in spirit. Or maybe a glass of wine & a movie date night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa gramps back off. I hate it when people stare. Yes I know I look a little weird snapping photos but there are worse things. Hope your 11/11/11 is awesome. I will most likely be ordering in and drinking wine while watching on demand episodes of Boardwalk Empire. Jealous? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, love the stripes and dots together

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so creepy when people gawk like that. Like you don't notice them or something. Weirdos.
    Anyway, I really enjoy the fun mix of prints and textures in this outfit. That skirt is great and so are your polka dot socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agh give me those socks. They hella cute! Does anyone even say hella? Anyways, Today really was a cool day. Eleven would be a cool name! Are you a fellow fan of weird names? I want to name my child Violet...If I have a child. Oh my god I have the same problem with the elderly. The complex I live in is mostly inhabited by elderly folks and sometimes they watch me and I awkwardly go back in my house and wait until they leave. Why?
    Anyways, You look lovely as always. How is it warm enough to wear short sleeves?

    ReplyDelete