Thursday, July 26, 2012

in which it is gray today

Photobucket

I think today will be the last hurrah for my long bangs... I've been flip-flopping about whether I should let them grow out, or keep them long, but I need my bangs.  I'm not really a fan of my forehead.

Photobucket Photobucket Picture868two Photobucket Photobucket

(shirt/scarf: thrifted: dress: gifted; shoes: tilly's)

I'm also in love with Oxford shirts (this one in particular).  There must be something about hot weather that makes me want to dress like a man (baggier clothes = more breathing room?). I always try to balance it out with a pair of sky-high wedges :)

It's been cloudy and gray here lately, which is okay with me.  I've been feeling like a hermit crab.  However, tonight I'm going out for pizza and beers with my ladyfriends while K is working--hooray!  I've been desperately needing some girl time in my life.  And it's pay day, so that's good news.  Things are looooking up!

5 comments:

  1. This is such a nice, simple and chic outfit! I lobe how you jazzed up the shirt-skirt ensemble with the red nails and the cute scarf!

    Haha I totally agree on the bangs, I've never been a big fan of my forehead - and I especially noticed that since I got my bangs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit!!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit! i think your bangs are fab, but totally understand if you gotta let them go during the summer. it's def way too hot down here for me to have bangs now. oh well, there's always the fall!

    christen
    http://fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! And I totally understand the whole 'dressing like a man" thing as you put it haha. I keep incorporating butting up shirts/ flannels into my wardrobe this summer. Also, I'm lovin your hair!

    Oh, My

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a hermit crab right now, I want to stay inside and cuddle up with a good book.
    I love this shirt, so awesome with the dress. The shirt is a masculine piece but you made it look feminine!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete