Saturday, October 26, 2013

road trip recap: medford, or

road trip 5 181 road trip 5 182 road trip 5 184 road trip 5 193 road trip 5 196 road trip 5 205 road trip 5 208 IMG_0949 IMG_0955

When we left San Francisco we drove out into the middle of nowhere in Southern Oregon to visit K's grandfather for a long weekend.  It was a very relaxing stay for me, though perhaps not so for K, who spent the weekend helping his grandfather with a variety of chores that had been saved up for his arrival.  I read in the sun and played with the animals :)  Not only is his grandfather a genuinely awesome guy (he lives in a house in the woods that is entirely powered by solar, and takes self-sufficiency to a whole new level), he is also one of the sweetest men I've ever met. It was a pleasure getting to know him, and I can definitely see why he's such an inspiration for his grandson.  One of the fun things we did while we were there was to go to the races!  I've never been to anything quite like it before--definitely a new cultural experience!  The cars race on a dirt track, and they are very loud and throw mud into the crowd, and I have to admit that I was secretly hoping for some dramatic crashes (no injuries, of course!), of which there were a few that caused a bit of excitement.  All-in-all, I enjoyed myself immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment